BY Advocate.com Editors
April 19 2003 12:00 AM ET
GLAAD releases Asian-Pacific resource kit
The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, in partnership with several lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender organizations around the country, on Friday released the 2003 edition of its Asian Pacific American (APA) Heritage Month Resource Kit, a comprehensive online reference designed to encourage inclusive coverage of gay people of color in the media. The complete kit is available at www.glaad.org/media/apa/.
The kit includes story suggestions; a detailed glossary of terms for use when covering LGBT APA people; a discussion of issues affecting LGBT APA people; and a media contact list, organization list, and other resources.
"LGBT Asian-Pacific Americans have often either been invisible or misunderstood by the media," said Loren R. Javier, GLAAD's cultural interest media manager. "GLAAD is proud to have worked with a diverse group of LGBT Asian Pacific American organizations on this resource kit, which is meant to bring greater understanding of the issues affecting APAs. We hope journalists will use this opportunity be more inclusive in their coverage."
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 1 hour 11 min ago
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 2 hours 12 min ago
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM