BY Advocate.com Editors
April 18 2003 11:00 PM ET
GLAAD releases Asian-Pacific resource kit
The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, in partnership with several lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender organizations around the country, on Friday released the 2003 edition of its Asian Pacific American (APA) Heritage Month Resource Kit, a comprehensive online reference designed to encourage inclusive coverage of gay people of color in the media. The complete kit is available at www.glaad.org/media/apa/.
The kit includes story suggestions; a detailed glossary of terms for use when covering LGBT APA people; a discussion of issues affecting LGBT APA people; and a media contact list, organization list, and other resources.
"LGBT Asian-Pacific Americans have often either been invisible or misunderstood by the media," said Loren R. Javier, GLAAD's cultural interest media manager. "GLAAD is proud to have worked with a diverse group of LGBT Asian Pacific American organizations on this resource kit, which is meant to bring greater understanding of the issues affecting APAs. We hope journalists will use this opportunity be more inclusive in their coverage."
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- The Financial Effects of DOMA: State Versus Federal Law
- WATCH: Teen Uses Bar Mitzvah Speech to Call for Marriage Equality
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- New Campaign Inspires LGBT Americans to Take Advantage of Affordable Care Act
- Media Edie Windsor is No. 3 on Time's Person of Year Shortlist 13 min 45 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation 7:00 AM
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: The Many Faces of LGBT Family 6:00 AM
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 6:00 AM
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM