Two supsects in Salinas murder confess
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 18 2003 11:00 PM ET
Two of the three suspects in the slaying of bisexual Robert Maricle have confessed to their involvement in the crime to police, according to court documents. Jeanne Soja, 29, and Dominique England, 19, told Salinas, Calif., police last week that they participated in the December torture and murder of Maricle, 30, according to a police declaration, filed to justify the arrests last week. The third suspect, Daymon Schrock, 20, has not told police whether he was involved. But Soja's lawyer said his client has told police in a series of interviews that she was present during the assault against Maricle but did not participate.
A sketchy police account released Friday revealed that the trio kidnapped, tortured, and killed a man now identified as Maricle. Maricle was last seen on December 14 as he entered Soja's apartment. Salinas police arrested the three last week on charges of murder, kidnapping, and torture in Maricle's death, although prosecutors Monday charged the trio with murder only. Police believe Maricle was killed in part because of his sexual orientation, but the three have not been charged with a hate crime.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6