BY Advocate.com Editors
April 29 2003 12:00 AM ET
GLAAD awards continue with L.A. ceremony
The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation continued its series of awards Saturday night in Los Angeles, with Will & Grace and Six Feet Under being named Outstanding Comedy Series and Drama Series, respectively. The wins marked a fifth consecutive victory for Will and a second consecutive win for Six Feet Under. The Hours topped Far From Heaven, Frida, The Rules of Attraction, and Sweet Home Alabama for Outstanding Film in Wide Release. HBO's The Laramie Project was named Outstanding Television Movie, Resurrection Blvd. was honored for Outstanding Individual Episode, and the Latino Theatre Company's Dementia won for Outstanding Los Angeles Theater Production. Previously announced honorees were Todd Haynes, who received the Stephen F. Kolzak Award for his contributions to cultural dialogue about LGBT lives; Eric McCormack was honored with the Vanguard Award for his public commitment to the LGBT community; and Christina Aguilera, who performed a cappella, was given a special recognition award for her inclusion of gay and transgender images in the video for her song "Beautiful," which was written by out writer-producer Linda Perry.
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict in Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- 10 Mushy Moments With Brittney Griner And Glory Johnson
- Even Former NOM Executives Believe Marriage Equality Is Imminent
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall