BY Advocate.com Editors
April 29 2003 12:00 AM ET
Madonna's Will & Grace appearance helps win the night for NBC
NBC won the first night of May sweeps--Thursday, April 24--thanks to strong ratings boost from Madonna on the gay-themed sitcom Will & Grace, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The episode averaged 18.9 million viewers, with a 9.3/23 share among adults aged 18-49. By comparison, Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies on Fox snagged 7.8 million viewers for a 3.2/9 share rating in the same demographic.
- WATCH: Many Positive Reactions to TIm Cook's Coming-Out — and One Truly Horrid One
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Report: Couple Refuses Deal in Torture Case
- Op-ed: It Is Time to End Bottom-Shaming
- Indian Woman Uses Spycam to Have Husband Arrested for Gay Sex
- Ask a Doctor: What’s Stopping Us From Talking About PrEP?