BY Advocate.com Editors
April 29 2003 12:00 AM ET
Madonna's Will & Grace appearance helps win the night for NBC
NBC won the first night of May sweeps--Thursday, April 24--thanks to strong ratings boost from Madonna on the gay-themed sitcom Will & Grace, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The episode averaged 18.9 million viewers, with a 9.3/23 share among adults aged 18-49. By comparison, Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies on Fox snagged 7.8 million viewers for a 3.2/9 share rating in the same demographic.
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- Op-ed: The Amtrak Accident Isn't Part of the Gay Agenda