BY Advocate.com Editors
April 29 2003 12:00 AM ET
Madonna's Will & Grace appearance helps win the night for NBC
NBC won the first night of May sweeps--Thursday, April 24--thanks to strong ratings boost from Madonna on the gay-themed sitcom Will & Grace, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The episode averaged 18.9 million viewers, with a 9.3/23 share among adults aged 18-49. By comparison, Michael Jackson's Private Home Movies on Fox snagged 7.8 million viewers for a 3.2/9 share rating in the same demographic.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Mormon Missionary Positions