Montreal police raid gay club
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 13 2003 12:00 AM ET
Thirty-four men were arrested May 10 as Montreal police cracked down on a gay strip club they say allowed sex acts to be performed inside, reports the Montreal Gazette. Police said they had been investigating Club Taboo since January, after receiving a tip that some of the male strippers might be minors. "As we investigated further, we found that there were certain sexual acts being performed inside the club," said police spokesperson Constable Olivier Lapointe. Of the 34 arrested, 23 were dancers, one of whom was a minor, age 17. Four clients were arrested as well as seven others described as managers of the club. The police operation took nearly three hours. The 34 were released with citations and are to appear in court at a later date.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'