Iranians hanged for committing "homosexual acts"
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 13 2003 11:00 PM ET
Among a series of recent executions in Iran, three men were hanged Tuesday morning in the city of Mashhad for a number of offenses including "homosexual acts." The public executions in the holy Shiite city stemmed from convictions for offenses that included rape, murder, and kidnapping women as well as homosexuality, sodomy, and fornication, press reports and officials said Tuesday. Another five were hanged in the same spot later in the day.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride 48 min 51 sec ago
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys 1 hour 14 min ago
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial 1 hour 19 min ago
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned 1 hour 42 min ago
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School 1 hour 44 min ago
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? 2 hours 46 min ago
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day 2 hours 50 min ago