Iranians hanged for committing "homosexual acts"
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 14 2003 12:00 AM ET
Among a series of recent executions in Iran, three men were hanged Tuesday morning in the city of Mashhad for a number of offenses including "homosexual acts." The public executions in the holy Shiite city stemmed from convictions for offenses that included rape, murder, and kidnapping women as well as homosexuality, sodomy, and fornication, press reports and officials said Tuesday. Another five were hanged in the same spot later in the day.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Op-ed: Pope Francis: One Year In, Door Slightly Ajar for LGBT People
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 2 hours 20 min ago
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM