Iranians hanged for committing "homosexual acts"
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 13 2003 11:00 PM ET
Among a series of recent executions in Iran, three men were hanged Tuesday morning in the city of Mashhad for a number of offenses including "homosexual acts." The public executions in the holy Shiite city stemmed from convictions for offenses that included rape, murder, and kidnapping women as well as homosexuality, sodomy, and fornication, press reports and officials said Tuesday. Another five were hanged in the same spot later in the day.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples