Iranians hanged for committing "homosexual acts"
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 14 2003 12:00 AM ET
Among a series of recent executions in Iran, three men were hanged Tuesday morning in the city of Mashhad for a number of offenses including "homosexual acts." The public executions in the holy Shiite city stemmed from convictions for offenses that included rape, murder, and kidnapping women as well as homosexuality, sodomy, and fornication, press reports and officials said Tuesday. Another five were hanged in the same spot later in the day.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'