Iranians hanged for committing "homosexual acts"
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 14 2003 12:00 AM ET
Among a series of recent executions in Iran, three men were hanged Tuesday morning in the city of Mashhad for a number of offenses including "homosexual acts." The public executions in the holy Shiite city stemmed from convictions for offenses that included rape, murder, and kidnapping women as well as homosexuality, sodomy, and fornication, press reports and officials said Tuesday. Another five were hanged in the same spot later in the day.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- New ABC Talker Laura Ingraham Has Antigay Record
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'
- Diego Tolomelli and the Stain of Original Sin
- RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo TV Apologize for Transphobic Slur