BY Advocate.com Editors
May 23 2003 12:00 AM ET
Jim Verraros joins cast of Q. Allan Brocka's feature film
Openly gay singer Jim Verraros, a finalist on the first season of American Idol, will make his big-screen debut in Eating Out, a romantic comedy from out filmmaker Q. Allan Brocka (Rick & Steve: The Happiest Gay Couple in All the World). The film tells the story of a straight college student who decides that the quickest way to a girl's heart is through her gay best friend. Verraros, 20, said in a statement, "I've found myself being considered a role model for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered youth. I'm beyond ecstatic to have found a project that sends a positive message and has fun doing it." Shooting is set to start in June in Tucson.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback