BY Advocate.com Editors
May 23 2003 12:00 AM ET
Jim Verraros joins cast of Q. Allan Brocka's feature film
Openly gay singer Jim Verraros, a finalist on the first season of American Idol, will make his big-screen debut in Eating Out, a romantic comedy from out filmmaker Q. Allan Brocka (Rick & Steve: The Happiest Gay Couple in All the World). The film tells the story of a straight college student who decides that the quickest way to a girl's heart is through her gay best friend. Verraros, 20, said in a statement, "I've found myself being considered a role model for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered youth. I'm beyond ecstatic to have found a project that sends a positive message and has fun doing it." Shooting is set to start in June in Tucson.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Past '40 Under 40' Honorees Are Still Changing The World
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Who Influences Our Influential 40 Under 40?
- 40 Under 40: Emerging Voices | Advocate.com
- With Kimberley McLeod, LGBT Women of Color Make Their Own Spotlight