Texas student alleges antigay assault
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 29 2003 12:00 AM ET
The Houston school district and Houston police are investigating a report in which a Westbury High School student said a teacher's aide assaulted him and broke his arm because he is gay, the Houston Chronicle reports. The aide has been ordered to stay off campus while the report is being investigated, school officials said. The district declined to release the names of the student or the teacher's aide. The district said the student is a 19-year-old 11th-grader in a special education class called Behavioral Adjustment. The aide is an assistant coach in several sports, including football.
The student has accused the aide of verbally harassing him throughout the school year about his sexual orientation, but he said an incident last week was the first time a confrontation became physical. According to police reports, the aide pulled the student from his desk and threw him to the floor in a classroom.
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island