BY Advocate.com Editors
June 05 2003 12:00 AM ET
TLC and Agouron launch HIV/AIDS initiative
Agouron Pharmaceuticals and the surviving members of the R&B group TLC unveiled a national HIV/AIDS education initiative Tuesday aimed at helping HIV-positive people get involved in their own care. The program, called "Dialogues: Education and Treatment for a Well Planned Future," includes printed materials, which can be ordered by telephone or online, that provide easy-to-understand information about HIV/AIDS, antiretroviral medications, and medical term definitions. "When you access the program, you'll learn what you need to know to talk to your doctor and set up a strategy for living with HIV, which is a plan to keep you here," said TLC's Rozanda "Chilli" Thomas. For more information about the initiative or to order materials, call (800) 576-6600 or go online to www.hiv-dialogues.com.
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- #TBT: The Massive, Masculine Art of Robert Riggs
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana
- Michigan Woman Sues Planet Fitness Over Trans-Inclusive Locker Room