BY Advocate.com Editors
June 04 2003 11:00 PM ET
TLC and Agouron launch HIV/AIDS initiative
Agouron Pharmaceuticals and the surviving members of the R&B group TLC unveiled a national HIV/AIDS education initiative Tuesday aimed at helping HIV-positive people get involved in their own care. The program, called "Dialogues: Education and Treatment for a Well Planned Future," includes printed materials, which can be ordered by telephone or online, that provide easy-to-understand information about HIV/AIDS, antiretroviral medications, and medical term definitions. "When you access the program, you'll learn what you need to know to talk to your doctor and set up a strategy for living with HIV, which is a plan to keep you here," said TLC's Rozanda "Chilli" Thomas. For more information about the initiative or to order materials, call (800) 576-6600 or go online to www.hiv-dialogues.com.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'