BY Advocate.com Editors
June 23 2003 11:00 PM ET
VH1 offers online survey about HIV
Cable television station VH1 on Monday launched a comprehensive HIV/AIDS awareness campaign to support National HIV Testing Day on Friday, June 27, that includes an online survey to test people's knowledge and attitudes about the disease. The survey, which can be accessed at www.vh1.com, asks 13 questions about HIV/AIDS and provides correct information for those who answer the questions incorrectly. The campaign also includes several new public service announcements, including the cable channel's first-ever spot urging viewers to get tested for HIV antibodies.
"Our viewers grew up being warned about the dangers of HIV," said Christina Norman, VH1 general manager. "But now that they've gone on to careers and started families, HIV awareness has taken a backseat to other issues that face them today. But AIDS is still an epidemic that affects them and their families either directly or indirectly. Awareness and prevention are the most powerful tools against HIV, and our viewers...are essential in successfully helping to stop its spread." VH1 is owned by media company, and the HIV awareness campaign is part of Viacom's ongoing "Know HIV/AIDS" program, developed in conjunction with the Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero?
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM