Genre Magazine gets new owner
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 03 2003 12:00 AM ET
Avalon Equity Partners, a New York City-based private equity fund, announced Wednesday that it had purchased the gay lifestyle publication Genre Magazine. Through its ownership of Window Media, Avalon already has controlling interest in a number of regional gay newspapers, including the Washington Blade, the New York Blade, Atlanta's Southern Voice, and the Houston Voice. Avalon also announced that it had hired Scott Brunelle as Genre's new president and publisher. Brunelle was mostly recently publisher and advertising director of Grace Woman magazine. "I want to build on the magazine's 12-year history and retain the loyalty of readers that have grown up with Genre as part of their lives," Brunelle said.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Why Does Vogue Think Bisexuality Is a Phase?
- 17 Winter TV Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss