Genre Magazine gets new owner
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 03 2003 12:00 AM ET
Avalon Equity Partners, a New York City-based private equity fund, announced Wednesday that it had purchased the gay lifestyle publication Genre Magazine. Through its ownership of Window Media, Avalon already has controlling interest in a number of regional gay newspapers, including the Washington Blade, the New York Blade, Atlanta's Southern Voice, and the Houston Voice. Avalon also announced that it had hired Scott Brunelle as Genre's new president and publisher. Brunelle was mostly recently publisher and advertising director of Grace Woman magazine. "I want to build on the magazine's 12-year history and retain the loyalty of readers that have grown up with Genre as part of their lives," Brunelle said.
- BREAKING: Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- Why Are We Gay?
- 5 HIV-Positive Men Give Advice to Their Former Selves
- 14 Ex-Ex Gays Paving the Way Forward
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- WATCH: That Other Defiant Kentucky Clerk Named Davis Invokes 'Higher Power'