Barney Frank addresses "same-sax" unions
July 22 2003 12:00 AM ET
Openly gay congressman Barney Frank (D-Mass.) issued a national press release Monday addressing seven of his colleagues who circulated a Dear Colleague letter calling on "supporters of 'same-sax' unions" to support a constitutional amendment to ban them. "I was disappointed to see how vehemently my colleagues oppose 'same-sax' unions," Frank said. "I assume they will be patrolling nightclubs in their districts to prevent any such duet from undermining public morality. My question is whether they are willing to allow clarinet-saxophone liaisons. We, of course, already know that Senator Frist would be vehemently opposed to any union consisting of two trumpets and a trombone."
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Ellen's 11 Most Uproarious, April Fool's-Approved Pranks
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion