Barney Frank addresses "same-sax" unions
July 22 2003 12:00 AM ET
Openly gay congressman Barney Frank (D-Mass.) issued a national press release Monday addressing seven of his colleagues who circulated a Dear Colleague letter calling on "supporters of 'same-sax' unions" to support a constitutional amendment to ban them. "I was disappointed to see how vehemently my colleagues oppose 'same-sax' unions," Frank said. "I assume they will be patrolling nightclubs in their districts to prevent any such duet from undermining public morality. My question is whether they are willing to allow clarinet-saxophone liaisons. We, of course, already know that Senator Frist would be vehemently opposed to any union consisting of two trumpets and a trombone."
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 35 Activists, Doctors, and Organizations Speak Out in Support of PrEP
- Hot Sheet: Divas and Demons
- Op-ed: There's No Christian Case for Raising Cash for Homophobes
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas