Gephardts join PFLAG
July 31 2003 12:00 AM ET
The group Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays announced on Wednesday that Democratic presidential hopeful Dick Gephardt and his wife, Jane Gephardt, have become members. The Gephardts' daughter Chrissy came out of the closet publicly earlier this year. Since then Chrissy Gephardt has taken an official role in the campaign doing outreach with gay and lesbian voters.
"It is with great pleasure that we welcome Dick and Jane Gephardt into the PFLAG family," said the group's national president, Sam Thoron. "Dick and Jane have demonstrated to the world their love and support for their daughter Chrissy. Their family values are clearly aligned with PFLAG's mission."
Gephardt is scheduled to speak at PFLAG's Great Lakes Regional Conference in mid October.
- Here's How Trans Folks Welcomed Caitlyn Jenner to the Twitterverse
- WATCH: John Oliver Eviscerates Vatican's Hypocrisy on Irish Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Outed Gay Valedictorian Gets to Give His Speech After All
- Vanity Fair Introduces Caitlyn Jenner
- Op-ed: For Gays, Life in Lawrence, Kan., Keeps Getting Worse
- Senator Lindsey Graham Wants to Be the John McCain of 2016 (Except to Win)