Gephardts join PFLAG
July 31 2003 12:00 AM ET
The group Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays announced on Wednesday that Democratic presidential hopeful Dick Gephardt and his wife, Jane Gephardt, have become members. The Gephardts' daughter Chrissy came out of the closet publicly earlier this year. Since then Chrissy Gephardt has taken an official role in the campaign doing outreach with gay and lesbian voters.
"It is with great pleasure that we welcome Dick and Jane Gephardt into the PFLAG family," said the group's national president, Sam Thoron. "Dick and Jane have demonstrated to the world their love and support for their daughter Chrissy. Their family values are clearly aligned with PFLAG's mission."
Gephardt is scheduled to speak at PFLAG's Great Lakes Regional Conference in mid October.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Leslie Jordan: I Threw 'Sweet Iced Tea, Not Coffee' in Starbucks Fight
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'