Gephardts join PFLAG
July 30 2003 11:00 PM ET
The group Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays announced on Wednesday that Democratic presidential hopeful Dick Gephardt and his wife, Jane Gephardt, have become members. The Gephardts' daughter Chrissy came out of the closet publicly earlier this year. Since then Chrissy Gephardt has taken an official role in the campaign doing outreach with gay and lesbian voters.
"It is with great pleasure that we welcome Dick and Jane Gephardt into the PFLAG family," said the group's national president, Sam Thoron. "Dick and Jane have demonstrated to the world their love and support for their daughter Chrissy. Their family values are clearly aligned with PFLAG's mission."
Gephardt is scheduled to speak at PFLAG's Great Lakes Regional Conference in mid October.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'