Gephardts join PFLAG
July 31 2003 12:00 AM ET
The group Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays announced on Wednesday that Democratic presidential hopeful Dick Gephardt and his wife, Jane Gephardt, have become members. The Gephardts' daughter Chrissy came out of the closet publicly earlier this year. Since then Chrissy Gephardt has taken an official role in the campaign doing outreach with gay and lesbian voters.
"It is with great pleasure that we welcome Dick and Jane Gephardt into the PFLAG family," said the group's national president, Sam Thoron. "Dick and Jane have demonstrated to the world their love and support for their daughter Chrissy. Their family values are clearly aligned with PFLAG's mission."
Gephardt is scheduled to speak at PFLAG's Great Lakes Regional Conference in mid October.
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen 1 hour 29 min ago
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival 2 hours 52 min ago
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia 6:27 PM
- Religion Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis 6:25 PM
- Travel Copenhagen: The Gayest Place in 2014 5:55 PM