Gephardts join PFLAG
July 31 2003 12:00 AM ET
The group Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays announced on Wednesday that Democratic presidential hopeful Dick Gephardt and his wife, Jane Gephardt, have become members. The Gephardts' daughter Chrissy came out of the closet publicly earlier this year. Since then Chrissy Gephardt has taken an official role in the campaign doing outreach with gay and lesbian voters.
"It is with great pleasure that we welcome Dick and Jane Gephardt into the PFLAG family," said the group's national president, Sam Thoron. "Dick and Jane have demonstrated to the world their love and support for their daughter Chrissy. Their family values are clearly aligned with PFLAG's mission."
Gephardt is scheduled to speak at PFLAG's Great Lakes Regional Conference in mid October.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet