Genre magazine relocates to New York
August 06 2003 11:00 PM ET
Shortly after being purchased by Avalon Equity Partners, a New York City-based private equity fund that controls the nation's largest gay newspaper group, Genre, a popular gay male lifestyle magazine, has announced that it has hired a new editorial team and will move all its editorial operations to New York City. Genre president and publisher Scott Brunelle lauded the changes in a press release issued Wednesday. The new editorial team includes editor in chief Tom Eubanks, advertising director Michele Chicoine, art director Kerrie Keegan, and style editor Wayne Northcross.
"Our editorial team is out to set a new benchmark in media that targets the gay market," said Brunelle. "Our focus is to create exceptional quality content that provides insight and inspiration, images, and ideas for how gay men live across the country. The Genre demographic is 30- to 40-year-old men who are openly gay and successful in their lives--we are an advertiser's dream." Genre's head office will be moved from its present location on Hollywood Boulevard in Los Angeles to the magazine's Empire State Building offices in New York.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Arts & Entertainment PHOTOS: We Asked The Stars, Who Is Your Hero? 21 min 20 sec ago
- Music WATCH: The Best (and Not So Best) of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music 1 hour 50 min ago
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM