Gay chorus to sing at Florida Marlins game
August 12 2003 12:00 AM ET
The Fort Lauderdale Gay Men's Chorus will be kicking off Tuesday night's Florida Marlins baseball game by singing the national anthem at Pro Player Stadium, The Miami Herald reports. The performance is part of the team's first AIDS Awareness Night benefit, which will benefit two south Florida AIDS agencies. The team has donated 1,000 game tickets to the agencies, which are selling the tickets for $25 each and keeping the proceeds.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- #TBT: Suspiciously Gay Ads
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Same-Sex Couple's Kiss Sparks U.K. Bus Driver's Antigay Rant