Gay chorus to sing at Florida Marlins game
August 12 2003 12:00 AM ET
The Fort Lauderdale Gay Men's Chorus will be kicking off Tuesday night's Florida Marlins baseball game by singing the national anthem at Pro Player Stadium, The Miami Herald reports. The performance is part of the team's first AIDS Awareness Night benefit, which will benefit two south Florida AIDS agencies. The team has donated 1,000 game tickets to the agencies, which are selling the tickets for $25 each and keeping the proceeds.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'