Family Research Council names new president
August 14 2003 12:00 AM ET
The Christian-right group Family Research Council announced Wednesday that it has hired Louisiana state representative Tony Perkins as its new president. Perkins, who was one of the state's most conservative Republican legislators, is abandoning his run for state insurance commissioner to take the post with FRC. The group is known especially for its stands against gay rights. Perkins follows Ken Connor and Gary Bauer as the third Republican politician in a row to head the organization.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word