Family Research Council names new president
August 13 2003 11:00 PM ET
The Christian-right group Family Research Council announced Wednesday that it has hired Louisiana state representative Tony Perkins as its new president. Perkins, who was one of the state's most conservative Republican legislators, is abandoning his run for state insurance commissioner to take the post with FRC. The group is known especially for its stands against gay rights. Perkins follows Ken Connor and Gary Bauer as the third Republican politician in a row to head the organization.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Hagel's Exit Leaves Unfinished Business For LGBT Military Members, Advocates
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School