Gay man challenges Schwarzenegger to debate
September 11 2003 12:00 AM ET
Ronald Jason Palmieri, who says he's the first openly gay Democratic candidate for governor of California, has challenged Arnold Schwarzenegger to a debate on gay rights and abortion issues. The Los Angeles gay rights attorney has promised to donate the maximum, $21,200, to the bodybuilder-actor's campaign if Schwarzenegger would agree to the debate. Palmieri, an anti-recall candidate whose slogan is "Don't vote for me," said he's received no response.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality