Gay man challenges Schwarzenegger to debate
September 11 2003 12:00 AM ET
Ronald Jason Palmieri, who says he's the first openly gay Democratic candidate for governor of California, has challenged Arnold Schwarzenegger to a debate on gay rights and abortion issues. The Los Angeles gay rights attorney has promised to donate the maximum, $21,200, to the bodybuilder-actor's campaign if Schwarzenegger would agree to the debate. Palmieri, an anti-recall candidate whose slogan is "Don't vote for me," said he's received no response.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'