Gay man challenges Schwarzenegger to debate
September 11 2003 12:00 AM ET
Ronald Jason Palmieri, who says he's the first openly gay Democratic candidate for governor of California, has challenged Arnold Schwarzenegger to a debate on gay rights and abortion issues. The Los Angeles gay rights attorney has promised to donate the maximum, $21,200, to the bodybuilder-actor's campaign if Schwarzenegger would agree to the debate. Palmieri, an anti-recall candidate whose slogan is "Don't vote for me," said he's received no response.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.