Gay man challenges Schwarzenegger to debate
September 11 2003 12:00 AM ET
Ronald Jason Palmieri, who says he's the first openly gay Democratic candidate for governor of California, has challenged Arnold Schwarzenegger to a debate on gay rights and abortion issues. The Los Angeles gay rights attorney has promised to donate the maximum, $21,200, to the bodybuilder-actor's campaign if Schwarzenegger would agree to the debate. Palmieri, an anti-recall candidate whose slogan is "Don't vote for me," said he's received no response.
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Artist Spotlight: Ben McNutt
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'