Karen Magee joins PlanetOut board
September 30 2003 12:00 AM ET
PlanetOut Partners on Monday announced the election of Karen Magee to the PlanetOut Partners board of directors. Magee also serves as a vice president of strategic planning at Time Warner. "In order to move PlanetOut Partners from a company striving to survive to a built-to-last company working hard to offer our community the very best in tailored products, services, and experiences, we are making changes and improvements in how we think about and operate our business," said Bryce Eberhart,
director of corporate communications for PlanetOut Partners. "The board is no different. We are transitioning our board from being highly venture capital-oriented to a board that is more strategically positioned and one that includes more outside directors."
According to Eberhart, Magee brings business experience as well as a passion for the gay and lesbian community. She has a proven track record in customer acquisition, consumer marketing, advertising sales, mergers and acquisitions, business management consulting, and general management. She also serves as a board cochair for the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.
- For YouTube's 10th Birthday, the 10 Best LGBT Videos
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- New Orleans Mayor Counters Jindal's Order With One of Acceptance for All
- 25 Unforgettable Gay TV Kisses
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- Josh Duggar Resigns From Antigay Family Research Council Amid Sexual Abuse Allegations