Karen Magee joins PlanetOut board
September 29 2003 11:00 PM ET
PlanetOut Partners on Monday announced the election of Karen Magee to the PlanetOut Partners board of directors. Magee also serves as a vice president of strategic planning at Time Warner. "In order to move PlanetOut Partners from a company striving to survive to a built-to-last company working hard to offer our community the very best in tailored products, services, and experiences, we are making changes and improvements in how we think about and operate our business," said Bryce Eberhart,
director of corporate communications for PlanetOut Partners. "The board is no different. We are transitioning our board from being highly venture capital-oriented to a board that is more strategically positioned and one that includes more outside directors."
According to Eberhart, Magee brings business experience as well as a passion for the gay and lesbian community. She has a proven track record in customer acquisition, consumer marketing, advertising sales, mergers and acquisitions, business management consulting, and general management. She also serves as a board cochair for the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'