Three more arrested in Vancouver, B.C., slaying
October 11 2003 12:00 AM ET
Police in Vancouver, Canada, announced Thursday that they had arrested three more people in connection with the 2001 murder of a gay man in the city's Stanley Park, The Vancouver Sun reports. Aaron Webster's beaten body was found in the park, which is a popular cruising area, by a friend on November 17, 2001. He was naked except for his hiking boots.
On Thursday police said they had arrested Ryan Cran, 21, and Danny Rao, 21, in connection with the murder. The name of the third man arrested Thursday was not released because he was 17 at the time of the murder. Police had already arrested another man, who was also 17 at the time of the killing, in July. That man pleaded guilty in July and faces sentencing this month.
- Minister to LGBT People: Thanks for Making Me More Antigay
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- White House to Unveil New HIV Strategy
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series