Greenbelt, Md., offers domestic partner benefits
October 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
The Greenbelt, Md., city council voted 5-0 Monday to extend health insurance benefits to the domestic partners of city employees, including same-sex domestic partners, The Washington Post reports. Greenbelt is the first city in Prince George's County to offer such benefits. To qualify, employees must show proof of commitment to their partners, such as proof of living together for 12 months, joint bank accounts, credit cards, or other documentation.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet