Greenbelt, Md., offers domestic partner benefits
October 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
The Greenbelt, Md., city council voted 5-0 Monday to extend health insurance benefits to the domestic partners of city employees, including same-sex domestic partners, The Washington Post reports. Greenbelt is the first city in Prince George's County to offer such benefits. To qualify, employees must show proof of commitment to their partners, such as proof of living together for 12 months, joint bank accounts, credit cards, or other documentation.
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Schools Gayle King on Respect for Gender Identity
- Federal Judge Rules Florida's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional