Greenbelt, Md., offers domestic partner benefits
October 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
The Greenbelt, Md., city council voted 5-0 Monday to extend health insurance benefits to the domestic partners of city employees, including same-sex domestic partners, The Washington Post reports. Greenbelt is the first city in Prince George's County to offer such benefits. To qualify, employees must show proof of commitment to their partners, such as proof of living together for 12 months, joint bank accounts, credit cards, or other documentation.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series