Greenbelt, Md., offers domestic partner benefits
October 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
The Greenbelt, Md., city council voted 5-0 Monday to extend health insurance benefits to the domestic partners of city employees, including same-sex domestic partners, The Washington Post reports. Greenbelt is the first city in Prince George's County to offer such benefits. To qualify, employees must show proof of commitment to their partners, such as proof of living together for 12 months, joint bank accounts, credit cards, or other documentation.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word