Police arrest five Harvey Milk students
November 08 2003 12:00 AM ET
Police in New York City on Thursday arrested five students from Harvey Milk High School, a publicly funded high school for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered students, Newsday reports. According to police reports, the students pretended to be prostitutes, picked up potential customers, and then flashed a fake police badge and handcuffed the men. The students would then demand the victims' wallets, taking cash, ATM cards, and personal identification numbers, before releasing the men.
The first robbery occurred October 5 on Greenwich Street, when police say two suspects stole $1,200 from a 24-year-old man. The next robbery took place on Bleecker Street, where three suspects robbed a 39-year-old man of $600, according to police. On October 29, police say, three suspects demanded a PIN from another victim and withdrew $1,000 from his bank account. Two suspects also took $105 from a man at Jane and Washington streets. The most recent robbery took place early Thursday, when police say three suspects forced a victim against a wall at gunpoint and stole $85.
Arrested in connection with the robberies, police said, were Gerald "Kimberly" Howard, 17; Kevin "Keva" Williams, 17; Brian "Whoopie" Gonzalez, 17; Kelvin "Keisha" Howell, 17; and Keenan "Chanel" Oliver, 16.
- WATCH: Elton John Slams 'Inhumane, Isolating' Anti-LGBT Laws In Russia
- Op-ed: Why I Filmed My Coming Out Journey
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Lady Gaga Congratulates Tom Daley, Urges Boycott of Sochi Olympics
- Hot Sheet: Hark the Herald Angel Swings
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Art In the Galleries: Transformer 41 min 14 sec ago
- Politics WATCH: Elton John Slams Russia's Anti-LGBT Laws Onstage December 06 2013 8:40 PM
- Women American Horror Story: Coven -- Ritual Witch-ual December 06 2013 8:30 PM
- Travel Wanna Win a Wedding in West Hollywood? December 06 2013 7:26 PM
- Election Nebraska Republican Vying for Mantle as Most Antigay in Primary December 06 2013 6:53 PM
- Women WATCH: Santana Lopez as the Best Bad Santa Ever! December 06 2013 6:33 PM
- Religion WATCH: Robertson Prays for Gays 'Recruited' By Abuse December 06 2013 4:41 PM