Arizona gay couple to appeal marriage ruling
November 19 2003 1:00 AM ET
A gay Arizona couple will ask the state supreme court to overturn Arizona's ban on same-sex marriages, the couple's lawyer said Tuesday. Harold Donald Standhardt and Tod Alan Keltner of Phoenix said they will ask the top court to overturn an October 8 ruling by the court of appeals upholding the constitutionality of the ban.
The couple's case could be aided by a decision Tuesday in which Massachusetts's highest court ruled that the state's ban on same-sex marriages was unconstitutional, their attorney said.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- UFC Women's Champ: 'I Wouldn't Refuse' to Fight a Trans Athlete
- First African-American Gay Superhero Joins Arrow
- He Said, She Said: Privilege Check On I Am Cait