Arizona gay couple to appeal marriage ruling
November 19 2003 1:00 AM ET
A gay Arizona couple will ask the state supreme court to overturn Arizona's ban on same-sex marriages, the couple's lawyer said Tuesday. Harold Donald Standhardt and Tod Alan Keltner of Phoenix said they will ask the top court to overturn an October 8 ruling by the court of appeals upholding the constitutionality of the ban.
The couple's case could be aided by a decision Tuesday in which Massachusetts's highest court ruled that the state's ban on same-sex marriages was unconstitutional, their attorney said.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover
- Marriage Equality Could Worsen Bisexual Erasure