Arizona gay couple to appeal marriage ruling
November 19 2003 1:00 AM ET
A gay Arizona couple will ask the state supreme court to overturn Arizona's ban on same-sex marriages, the couple's lawyer said Tuesday. Harold Donald Standhardt and Tod Alan Keltner of Phoenix said they will ask the top court to overturn an October 8 ruling by the court of appeals upholding the constitutionality of the ban.
The couple's case could be aided by a decision Tuesday in which Massachusetts's highest court ruled that the state's ban on same-sex marriages was unconstitutional, their attorney said.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.