Arizona gay couple to appeal marriage ruling
November 19 2003 1:00 AM ET
A gay Arizona couple will ask the state supreme court to overturn Arizona's ban on same-sex marriages, the couple's lawyer said Tuesday. Harold Donald Standhardt and Tod Alan Keltner of Phoenix said they will ask the top court to overturn an October 8 ruling by the court of appeals upholding the constitutionality of the ban.
The couple's case could be aided by a decision Tuesday in which Massachusetts's highest court ruled that the state's ban on same-sex marriages was unconstitutional, their attorney said.
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- WATCH: Dr. Drew Interviews Gay Teen Attacked by Christian Family
- Op-ed: This Is What Happens When a Generation Is Raised on LGBT Visibility
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Hot Sheet: Young, Cute, Dead
- WATCH: Explaining U.K.-Scotland Relationship as Gay Romantic Comedy