Arizona gay couple to appeal marriage ruling
November 19 2003 1:00 AM ET
A gay Arizona couple will ask the state supreme court to overturn Arizona's ban on same-sex marriages, the couple's lawyer said Tuesday. Harold Donald Standhardt and Tod Alan Keltner of Phoenix said they will ask the top court to overturn an October 8 ruling by the court of appeals upholding the constitutionality of the ban.
The couple's case could be aided by a decision Tuesday in which Massachusetts's highest court ruled that the state's ban on same-sex marriages was unconstitutional, their attorney said.
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Reports: Dallas Cowboys Eye Michael Sam for Practice Squad
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy
- WATCH: Which State's Marriage Equality Proposal Will Make SCOTUS Say 'I Do?'