Arizona gay couple to appeal marriage ruling
November 19 2003 1:00 AM ET
A gay Arizona couple will ask the state supreme court to overturn Arizona's ban on same-sex marriages, the couple's lawyer said Tuesday. Harold Donald Standhardt and Tod Alan Keltner of Phoenix said they will ask the top court to overturn an October 8 ruling by the court of appeals upholding the constitutionality of the ban.
The couple's case could be aided by a decision Tuesday in which Massachusetts's highest court ruled that the state's ban on same-sex marriages was unconstitutional, their attorney said.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad