BY Advocate.com Editors
December 02 2003 1:00 AM ET
The Ellen DeGeneres Show continues to draw viewers
Several syndicated TV shows were on a major roll midway through the November sweeps period, with some top-level programs hitting their best ratings ever and others posting their strongest numbers in years. The Ellen DeGeneres Show (1.7) had its best numbers since its September debut. The chat show was up 6% week-to-week and was the highest-rated rookie for the week. Two other freshmen also had their best ratings: Living It Up! With Ali & Jack (1.1) and Starting Over (1.1), both of which were up 10% week-to-week.
Veteran talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show posted a 7.7 average household audience rating, which represented its best ratings performance in five years, according to the Nielsen Media Research syndication rankings for the week ending November 16. Oprah's numbers also represented a 13% jump from the week before and a 24% gain compared with its performance for the same period last year. The number 2 talk show, Dr. Phil (5.7), was down 3% but up 19% year-to-year after hitting its season high the week before. Live! With Regis & Kelly (4.0) was up 8% for the week and 18% year-to-year. Maury (3.4) hit a season high with a 10% week-to-week gain and was up 3% year-to-year. An average household audience ratings point represents 1.084 million TV households.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- South Carolina Soccer Team Signs Gay Player Anton Hysén
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 1 hour 4 min ago
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM
- Women Lorde Takes Down Idiot DJ Who Implies She and Taylor Swift Are Lesbians March 10 2014 9:01 PM
- Women WATCH: Trailer for New Lesbian-Themed Series #Hashtag March 10 2014 7:54 PM
- Travel Sydney Mardi Gras: A Post-Mortem March 10 2014 7:47 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Marriage Equality Is an 'Extra Right,' Says Right-Wing Activist March 10 2014 7:44 PM
- Women Laurel Holloman Joins L Word Costars Leisha Hailey and Kate Moennig at Dinah! March 10 2014 6:22 PM