BY Advocate.com Editors
December 02 2003 1:00 AM ET
World AIDS Day Web site launched
To mark World AIDS Day, the Long Island [N.Y.] Network of Community Services on Monday launched a new Web site allowing visitors to post a virtual red AIDS awareness ribbon online and to access HIV-related news and resources. The site can be accessed online at www.aidsribbons.com. Organizers say the site has three primary goals: to remind the world that the global pandemic is worsening and that prevention is the best weapon in the fight against AIDS; to allow online visitors to remember loved ones they've lost to AIDS or to honor those involved in the fight against AIDS; and to help raise money for nonprofit AIDS service organizations through an online affiliate program.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?
- WATCH: 7-Year-Old Waves Pride Flag in Face of Homophobic Rant, Wins Internet