BY Advocate.com Editors
December 02 2003 1:00 AM ET
World AIDS Day Web site launched
To mark World AIDS Day, the Long Island [N.Y.] Network of Community Services on Monday launched a new Web site allowing visitors to post a virtual red AIDS awareness ribbon online and to access HIV-related news and resources. The site can be accessed online at www.aidsribbons.com. Organizers say the site has three primary goals: to remind the world that the global pandemic is worsening and that prevention is the best weapon in the fight against AIDS; to allow online visitors to remember loved ones they've lost to AIDS or to honor those involved in the fight against AIDS; and to help raise money for nonprofit AIDS service organizations through an online affiliate program.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- Last-Minute Gift Ideas for the Catholic Who Suddenly Wants to Be Friends