Five Harvey Milk students arraigned
December 05 2003 1:00 AM ET
Five transgendered teenagers from New York City's Harvey Milk High School were arraigned Wednesday on charges that they posed as police officers dressed as prostitutes and robbed several men, the New York Post reports. Police say that the students admitted targeting men who were either drunk or looking to pick them up for sex. But on Wednesday the students pleaded not guilty to the robbery charges. The students suspected in the case are 17-year-old Kevin Williams, who goes by the name Keva; 17-year-old Gerald Howard, who goes by the name Kimberly; 17-year-old Kelvin Howell, who goes by the name Keesha; 18-year-old Brian Gonzalez, who goes by the name Whoopie; and 16-year-old Keenan Oliver, who goes by the name Chanel.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members