New Mexico State University offers DP benefits
December 17 2003 1:00 AM ET
Gay and lesbian employees who work for New Mexico State University will now be allowed to add their partners to their health insurance under a new policy that was approved by school's board of regents on Friday, the New Mexico Business Weekly reports. By a 3-2 vote the board approved the policy, which will apply to same-sex and opposite-sex couples who prove they are in a long-term relationship in which the partners agree to be financially responsible for each other's welfare and share financial obligations. The university's faculty senate and advisory council on administrative policy approved the measure before the board's vote. A similar policy has been in effect at the University of New Mexico for several years. NMSU is a public university based in Las Cruces. It employs 7,075.
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Television Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay 6 min 27 sec ago
- Uganda Op-ed: Uganda's Top Tabloid Isn't News, It's a Hit List 55 min 45 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Miami's Winter Party Combines Skin, Philanthropy 1 hour 27 min ago
- Television Fox's Brooklyn Nine-Nine Quietly Breaks Ground 1 hour 32 min ago
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 2 hours 33 min ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 2 hours 48 min ago
- Theater Book of Mormon Finally Headed to Utah 10:43 AM