New Mexico State University offers DP benefits
December 17 2003 1:00 AM ET
Gay and lesbian employees who work for New Mexico State University will now be allowed to add their partners to their health insurance under a new policy that was approved by school's board of regents on Friday, the New Mexico Business Weekly reports. By a 3-2 vote the board approved the policy, which will apply to same-sex and opposite-sex couples who prove they are in a long-term relationship in which the partners agree to be financially responsible for each other's welfare and share financial obligations. The university's faculty senate and advisory council on administrative policy approved the measure before the board's vote. A similar policy has been in effect at the University of New Mexico for several years. NMSU is a public university based in Las Cruces. It employs 7,075.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- Artist Spotlight: Ben McNutt