L.A. Stonewall Democrats endorse Dean
January 17 2004 1:00 AM ET
The Los Angeles chapter of the Stonewall Democratic Club said Friday it will endorse Howard Dean for president. "The enthusiasm for Howard Dean was overwhelming," said Michael Andraychak, the chapter's president, regarding the 70% of members who voted to pick Dean.
Supporters of the former Vermont governor discussed the nontraditional approach taken by the Dean campaign that has resulted in renewed momentum among gay and lesbian Democrats. "Many of us lost some of our political steam after the disappointing loss during the [California gubernatorial] recall election last October," Andraychak said. "The spirit displayed by Stonewall members at Monday's meeting has provided many of us with renewed energy going into this election cycle."
- Kim Davis 'In Custody' for Contempt of Court
- Mo. Trans Student's Bathroom Struggle Is History Repeating Itself
- Op-ed: Kim Davis Deserves Criticism But Not for Her Looks
- Kim Davis vs. the Internet
- Kim Davis and Judge Deciding Her Fate Face Nepotism Allegations
- WATCH: Funny or Die Spoofs Kim Davis With Clerks and Recreation