L.A. Stonewall Democrats endorse Dean
January 17 2004 1:00 AM ET
The Los Angeles chapter of the Stonewall Democratic Club said Friday it will endorse Howard Dean for president. "The enthusiasm for Howard Dean was overwhelming," said Michael Andraychak, the chapter's president, regarding the 70% of members who voted to pick Dean.
Supporters of the former Vermont governor discussed the nontraditional approach taken by the Dean campaign that has resulted in renewed momentum among gay and lesbian Democrats. "Many of us lost some of our political steam after the disappointing loss during the [California gubernatorial] recall election last October," Andraychak said. "The spirit displayed by Stonewall members at Monday's meeting has provided many of us with renewed energy going into this election cycle."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats
- Franklin Graham: Obama Promoting 'Immorality' by Supporting LGBT Rights in Kenya
- Italian Pol: Gays Should Change Gender if They Want to Wed