Belgian cardinal says most gays are perverts
January 22 2004 1:00 AM ET
A Belgian cardinal and close friend of the pope believes that only 5% to 10% of homosexuals are actually gay and the rest are "sexual perverts," according to a report by Agence France-Presse. "I am willing to write in my own blood that of those who call themselves gay or lesbian, at most 5% or 10% are actually gay or lesbian," Cardinal Gustaaf Joos told the Belgian weekly P-Magazine. "All the rest are sexual perverts," said the 80-year-old, who was made a cardinal by his lifelong friend Pope John Paul II in October. "Don't hesitate to write that down," he added. "They can come protesting at my door, I don't care. I won't open the door. True homosexuals don't run in the streets dressed in an extrovert way. True gays have a serious problem. We must help these people. They're either perverts,
or they're sick."
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'