January 31 2004 12:00 AM ET
Chris Kattan leaps into Sondheim's Frogs
Saturday Night Live alumnus Chris Kattan will star alongside Nathan Lane in Stephen Sondheim's The Frogs at the Lincoln Center Theater in New York City. The musical, based on Aristophanes' 405 B.C. play, is set to begin previews June 17, with an official opening scheduled for July 15. Susan Stroman, who worked with Lane on the Tony-winning The Producers, is directing and choreographing the show. Lane also helped write the script, rewriting an adaptation of Aristophanes' play by Burt Shevelove. Sondheim and Shevelove originally wrote the show for a production in the Yale swimming pool in 1974. The Greek classic centers on the journey of Dionysos (Lane) to Hades to bring back Euripides. Instead, he returns with Aeschylus. Kattan will play Xanthias, the slave of Dionysos.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment