Kerry announces advisers on GLBT issues
April 06 2004 11:00 PM ET
Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry on Tuesday named Jeff Trammell and Mary Breslauer as senior advisers and Mark Seifert as director of Kerry's outreach program to gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered voters. Trammell held a similar position in 2000 for Vice President Al Gore and also served as national chairman of business leaders for the Democratic ticket. Breslauer is a longtime Boston-area gay rights activist. Seifert previously served as the director of GLBT outreach for Gen. Wesley Clark's campaign for president. "I'm tremendously honored that Jeff and Mary have agreed to join this campaign," said Kerry in a statement. "They have led the fight for gay and lesbian Americans, and they will be terrific assets as we mobilize our campaign to bring change to America and reunite our nation."
Added Trammell: "Never have the stakes been higher for gay and lesbian Americans. The Bush administration is in the process of driving gay and lesbian Republicans out of their party. John Kerry has a 30-year history of fighting for the rights of our community. We must do everything in our power to elect him president."
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM