Kerry announces advisers on GLBT issues
April 06 2004 11:00 PM ET
Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry on Tuesday named Jeff Trammell and Mary Breslauer as senior advisers and Mark Seifert as director of Kerry's outreach program to gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered voters. Trammell held a similar position in 2000 for Vice President Al Gore and also served as national chairman of business leaders for the Democratic ticket. Breslauer is a longtime Boston-area gay rights activist. Seifert previously served as the director of GLBT outreach for Gen. Wesley Clark's campaign for president. "I'm tremendously honored that Jeff and Mary have agreed to join this campaign," said Kerry in a statement. "They have led the fight for gay and lesbian Americans, and they will be terrific assets as we mobilize our campaign to bring change to America and reunite our nation."
Added Trammell: "Never have the stakes been higher for gay and lesbian Americans. The Bush administration is in the process of driving gay and lesbian Republicans out of their party. John Kerry has a 30-year history of fighting for the rights of our community. We must do everything in our power to elect him president."
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM