Lesbian teens sentenced to life for killing grandmother
April 15 2004 12:00 AM ET
Two Detroit-area lesbian teenagers convicted in the beating death of a grandmother who opposed their relationship were sentenced Tuesday to spend the rest of their lives in prison. Larketa Collier, 16, and Sharon Patterson, 17, were given the mandatory sentence of life in prison with no chance of parole, the Wayne County prosecutor's office said. Two circuit court juries last month found them guilty of first-degree murder in the September 17 death of Bertha Atkins, Collier's 64-year-old grandmother.
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Right-Wingers Call Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Film
- Judge Rules Homeless Jamaican LGBT Youth Can Keep Living in Sewers
- WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer'
- Fox's Newest Cop Comedy Is Quietly Breaking Ground
- WATCH: 20 Strangers Kiss for the First Time
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 1 hour 38 min ago
- Women WATCH: Isn't Beyoncé 'Bossy' - She's 'The BOSS' in New PSA to Empower Girls March 12 2014 8:04 PM
- World Explore Iran's Gay Underground Railroad March 12 2014 7:29 PM
- Film Is Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Manifesto? March 12 2014 7:25 PM
- Women WATCH: Is There Anyone a Pansexual Won't Date? March 12 2014 7:18 PM
- Politics Black Lesbian Nominated as Federal Judge Sails Through Hearing March 12 2014 7:10 PM
- Jamaica Judge: Homeless Jamaican LGBT Youth Can Live in Sewers March 12 2014 7:08 PM