Lesbian teens sentenced to life for killing grandmother
April 14 2004 11:00 PM ET
Two Detroit-area lesbian teenagers convicted in the beating death of a grandmother who opposed their relationship were sentenced Tuesday to spend the rest of their lives in prison. Larketa Collier, 16, and Sharon Patterson, 17, were given the mandatory sentence of life in prison with no chance of parole, the Wayne County prosecutor's office said. Two circuit court juries last month found them guilty of first-degree murder in the September 17 death of Bertha Atkins, Collier's 64-year-old grandmother.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Just Another Day at Work in LGBT America
- New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM
- Latest News NBC To Spotlight Russia’s Human Rights Abuses During Olympics December 10 2013 6:11 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Filing Taxes December 10 2013 5:56 PM
- Couples/Personal Finances Examining Employee Benefits in the Wake of DOMA’s Overturn December 10 2013 5:38 PM