Lesbian teens sentenced to life for killing grandmother
April 15 2004 12:00 AM ET
Two Detroit-area lesbian teenagers convicted in the beating death of a grandmother who opposed their relationship were sentenced Tuesday to spend the rest of their lives in prison. Larketa Collier, 16, and Sharon Patterson, 17, were given the mandatory sentence of life in prison with no chance of parole, the Wayne County prosecutor's office said. Two circuit court juries last month found them guilty of first-degree murder in the September 17 death of Bertha Atkins, Collier's 64-year-old grandmother.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills