Lesbian teens sentenced to life for killing grandmother
April 14 2004 11:00 PM ET
Two Detroit-area lesbian teenagers convicted in the beating death of a grandmother who opposed their relationship were sentenced Tuesday to spend the rest of their lives in prison. Larketa Collier, 16, and Sharon Patterson, 17, were given the mandatory sentence of life in prison with no chance of parole, the Wayne County prosecutor's office said. Two circuit court juries last month found them guilty of first-degree murder in the September 17 death of Bertha Atkins, Collier's 64-year-old grandmother.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'