Chicago Gay Games launches early registration Web site
May 24 2004 11:00 PM ET
Organizers of the 2006 Gay Games, to be held in Chicago, announced on Monday a new Web site that will provide early registration during the first week of June. GayGamesChicago.org will launch May 28.
The site will feature detailed information about each of the 30 sports being offered at Gay Games VII, including venue specifications, biographical information of sports managers, a participation schedule, and information about competition levels, age divisions, and more. Band and choral event information will also be featured. The Web site will also include information about the city of Chicago, its history, people, neighborhoods, landmarks, and cultural institutions. Full details about travel, lodging, and transportation will help Gay Games VII participants plan their 2006 visit to the Windy City.
Participants will be able to log on to GayGamesChicago.org, select the sport or cultural event in which they want to participate, complete the online forms necessary to place them in the appropriate competitive, age, or gender division, and pay their registration fees—all in one operation. “Early registration will be important for those who are eager to save money and to reserve space in their sport,” said Suzanne Arnold, Chicago 2006 Sports cochair. “Several Gay Games sports have historically reached their capacity limits soon after registration has launched.” By registering early, participants save up to 30% off the base registration fee.
Web site visitors will also be able to purchase collectible logo-imprinted merchandise, volunteer to help with the Gay Games, learn how to sponsor the Gay Games or donate funds, sign up for a quarterly electronic newsletter, and read inspirational stories about athletes who have participated in previous Gay Games. Additional features will be added throughout the summer and into 2005, including ticketing for the opening ceremonies at Soldier Field, closing ceremonies at Wrigley Field, special shows, and finals of some sports. The site will be translated into Spanish, German, and French in the near future with more languages added in the future. For more information, visit GayGames.org.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 1 hour 50 min ago
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 2 hours 50 min ago
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' December 11 2013 7:10 PM