Point Foundation Names New Executive Director
July 01 2004 11:00 PM ET
The Point Foundation announced Thursday that it has named Vance Lancaster as its executive director and has invested more than $1 million in scholarship funding. "We realized that we needed someone with Vance’s unique blend of development skills and academic experience as we continue to be successful in the future," said Bruce Lindstrom, founder and chairman of the foundation. "When the philanthropist Michael Huffington learned that Vance was joining us, he pledged a $100,000 matching grant." Formerly the director of strategic giving at the Gill Foundation, Lancaster has experience in both for-profit and not-for-profit corporations as well as years of experience working with the LGBT community. The Point Foundation provides multiyear financial grants, mentoring, networking, and internship opportunities to young people marginalized because of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- Mormon Missionary Positions