Oregon gay marriage ban initiative qualifies for November ballot
July 27 2004 12:00 AM ET
An initiative that would ban gay marriage in Oregon will be on the November ballot, the secretary of state's office said Monday. The ballot title of Initiative 150 will read: "Amends constitution: Only marriage between one man and one woman is valid or legally recognized as marriage."
The proposed amendment required 100,840 valid signatures to get on the November 2 ballot. The secretary of state's office said the petitions contained 204,360 valid signatures, 84.77% of the 240,850 submitted. The deadline for signature certification is August 1.
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- These Are the U.S. Trans Women Killed in 2015