Oregon gay marriage ban initiative qualifies for November ballot
July 26 2004 11:00 PM ET
An initiative that would ban gay marriage in Oregon will be on the November ballot, the secretary of state's office said Monday. The ballot title of Initiative 150 will read: "Amends constitution: Only marriage between one man and one woman is valid or legally recognized as marriage."
The proposed amendment required 100,840 valid signatures to get on the November 2 ballot. The secretary of state's office said the petitions contained 204,360 valid signatures, 84.77% of the 240,850 submitted. The deadline for signature certification is August 1.
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM
- Women Who the F Is … California Politico Toni Atkins? March 07 2014 5:53 PM
- Women Op-ed: Why We Need International Women's Day March 07 2014 5:49 PM