Oregon gay marriage ban initiative qualifies for November ballot
July 26 2004 11:00 PM ET
An initiative that would ban gay marriage in Oregon will be on the November ballot, the secretary of state's office said Monday. The ballot title of Initiative 150 will read: "Amends constitution: Only marriage between one man and one woman is valid or legally recognized as marriage."
The proposed amendment required 100,840 valid signatures to get on the November 2 ballot. The secretary of state's office said the petitions contained 204,360 valid signatures, 84.77% of the 240,850 submitted. The deadline for signature certification is August 1.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model