August 03 2004 12:00 AM ET
Jim Verraros signs with Koch Records
Openly gay American Idol finalist Jim Verraros has signed with independent record label Koch Records, the company announced Friday. His debut solo album is set for a March release, with the first single coming out later this year. Singer-songwriter Gabe Lopez, who is producing the album and cowriting songs with Verraros, said in a statement, "Jim has grown so much this past year. He really took a beating on the show, but he has bounced back after working hard on developing his vocal technique and his writing skills. I'm really proud of the risk-taking artist he has become, and I think his blend of pop, dance, and R&B music will help him to stand out among Idol finalists."
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'
- U.S. Marine Claims 'Trans Panic' in Murder of Trans Filipina Jennifer Laude
- Op-ed: Michael Sam Helps Therapy Come Out of the Closet