Alan Keyes mum on lesbian daughter rumors
September 29 2004 12:00 AM ET
In light of widespread Internet rumors that his daughter is a lesbian, staunchly antigay Illinois Republican U.S. Senate candidate Alan Keyes is refusing comment. During a town-hall meeting at a church on Chicago's South Side on Monday night, neither Keyes nor his daughter responded to reporters' questions about the rumor, according to the conservative Web site the Illinois Leader.
A number of Internet bloggers have been claiming in the last week that 19-year-old Maya Keyes has routinely posted details on her Web blog about her relationship with another woman. Politics1, a political Web site, posted a story and a picture of Maya Keyes with a woman identified as her girlfriend. The report said Maya Keyes's Web blog had been online for three years.
In a recent interview with Michelangelo Signorile on his Sirius Radio talk show, Alan Keyes stated that all gays are living in sin and are "selfish hedonists," including, by definition, Mary Cheney, the lesbian daughter of Vice President Dick Cheney. Keyes has two sons and a daughter.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana