Man wanted in attack on Utah gays is in Montana jail
October 06 2004 12:00 AM ET
A Utah man accused of attacking and robbing two gay men in Salt Lake City is in the Yellowstone County, Mont., jail on $200,000 bail awaiting extradition. Scotty Hoerster, 25, appeared Monday in district court, where he agreed to be extradited to Utah on felony charges of aggravated robbery and aggravated kidnapping.
Utah authorities said Hoerster and another man beat and robbed the two men in April. Hoerster and Larry Bates were arrested and charged but later failed to appear in court, and warrants were issued for their arrest. Hoerster was arrested by Yellowstone County sheriff's deputies and booked into the county jail on September 26. A warrant was issued for Bates's arrest after he failed to appear in a Utah court on September 30.
The victims reportedly were beaten and forced at gunpoint to withdraw money from several ATMs.
- Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Blasts Critics of Obama's Funny or Die Interview
- Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina
- Gay Politics - Marriage Equality, Gay Rights, Anti-Discrimination
- Judge: Tenn. Must Recognize Three Same-Sex Marriages
- Ready and Looking: The Dilemma of a 20-Something
- Travel WATCH: Planes Battle Birmingham, England's Tail Winds March 15 2014 9:11 PM
- Religion Billy Graham's Son: Obama Could Learn from Putin's Homophobia March 15 2014 7:41 PM
- Television WATCH: Out Rapper Le1f on Letterman March 15 2014 2:59 PM
- People WATCH: The Strong Bond Between Straight Women and Gay Men March 15 2014 2:52 PM
- Transgender Trans Contestant is Miss Congeniality at Calif. Beauty Pageant March 15 2014 11:57 AM
- Theater Injury Sidelines Christopher Sieber in Matilda March 15 2014 5:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Hernan Marina March 15 2014 4:00 AM