Victory Fund wins award for fund-raising technology
January 27 2005 1:00 AM ET
The American Association of Political Consultants has awarded the Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund a Gold Pollie Award for the best use of a Web site for fund-raising. Held on January 22 in Washington, D.C., the Pollie Awards honor the highest professional achievements in political communications and public affairs. This is the first Gold Pollie to be bestowed on a national LGBT organization.
"This award is well-deserved because the Victory Fund does a great job using the Internet to connect individual donors to GLBT candidates," said Tim Gill, founder of Quark Inc. and president of the Gill Foundation. "Combining our resources to elect members of our own community is a great way to create positive systemic change for gay Americans. Victory's portal lets everyone participate, wherever they are in the United States."
- Op-ed: In Defense of Looking
- Right-Wingers Call Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Film
- Judge Rules Homeless Jamaican LGBT Youth Can Keep Living in Sewers
- WATCH: Chelsea Handler Skewers Piers Morgan as a 'Terrible Interviewer'
- Gay Politics - Marriage Equality, Gay Rights, Anti-Discrimination
- WATCH: 20 Strangers Kiss for the First Time
- Religion Op-Ed: Pope's Legacy Will Be That He's Willing to Listen 1 hour 29 min ago
- Women WATCH: Isn't Beyoncé 'Bossy' - She's 'The BOSS' in New PSA to Empower Girls March 12 2014 8:04 PM
- World Explore Iran's Gay Underground Railroad March 12 2014 7:29 PM
- Film Is Frozen a Gay Indoctrination Manifesto? March 12 2014 7:25 PM
- Women WATCH: Is There Anyone a Pansexual Won't Date? March 12 2014 7:18 PM
- Politics Black Lesbian Nominated as Federal Judge Sails Through Hearing March 12 2014 7:10 PM
- Jamaica Judge: Homeless Jamaican LGBT Youth Can Live in Sewers March 12 2014 7:08 PM