Victory Fund wins award for fund-raising technology
January 27 2005 1:00 AM ET
The American Association of Political Consultants has awarded the Gay and Lesbian Victory Fund a Gold Pollie Award for the best use of a Web site for fund-raising. Held on January 22 in Washington, D.C., the Pollie Awards honor the highest professional achievements in political communications and public affairs. This is the first Gold Pollie to be bestowed on a national LGBT organization.
"This award is well-deserved because the Victory Fund does a great job using the Internet to connect individual donors to GLBT candidates," said Tim Gill, founder of Quark Inc. and president of the Gill Foundation. "Combining our resources to elect members of our own community is a great way to create positive systemic change for gay Americans. Victory's portal lets everyone participate, wherever they are in the United States."
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune