Gay couples barred from Today show wedding contest
June 23 2005 12:00 AM ET
NBC's Today show is running a wedding contest that explicitly bars same-sex couples from participating. The contest, titled "Today Throws a Hometown Wedding," will award the winning couple with a wedding and honeymoon. According to the show's contest rules, "This opportunity is open only to currently engaged couples consisting of a male and a female." The episode in which the winning couple will be revealed is scheduled to air July 22.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?