Gay couples barred from Today show wedding contest
June 23 2005 12:00 AM ET
NBC's Today show is running a wedding contest that explicitly bars same-sex couples from participating. The contest, titled "Today Throws a Hometown Wedding," will award the winning couple with a wedding and honeymoon. According to the show's contest rules, "This opportunity is open only to currently engaged couples consisting of a male and a female." The episode in which the winning couple will be revealed is scheduled to air July 22.
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- LISTEN: 19 Kids and Counting Star Records Transphobic Robocall
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- 10 Mushy Moments With Brittney Griner And Glory Johnson