Gay couples barred from Today show wedding contest
June 22 2005 11:00 PM ET
NBC's Today show is running a wedding contest that explicitly bars same-sex couples from participating. The contest, titled "Today Throws a Hometown Wedding," will award the winning couple with a wedding and honeymoon. According to the show's contest rules, "This opportunity is open only to currently engaged couples consisting of a male and a female." The episode in which the winning couple will be revealed is scheduled to air July 22.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?