Gay couples barred from Today show wedding contest
June 23 2005 12:00 AM ET
NBC's Today show is running a wedding contest that explicitly bars same-sex couples from participating. The contest, titled "Today Throws a Hometown Wedding," will award the winning couple with a wedding and honeymoon. According to the show's contest rules, "This opportunity is open only to currently engaged couples consisting of a male and a female." The episode in which the winning couple will be revealed is scheduled to air July 22.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- WATCH: Ellen Surprises Gay-Straight Prom Dates With $10,000 Scholarships
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls