Gay couples barred from Today show wedding contest
June 23 2005 12:00 AM ET
NBC's Today show is running a wedding contest that explicitly bars same-sex couples from participating. The contest, titled "Today Throws a Hometown Wedding," will award the winning couple with a wedding and honeymoon. According to the show's contest rules, "This opportunity is open only to currently engaged couples consisting of a male and a female." The episode in which the winning couple will be revealed is scheduled to air July 22.
- Indiana Scrambling to 'Clarify' Discriminatory Law
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana