Poll: 10% of Portuguese people are gay or bisexual
December 31 2005 12:00 AM ET
Nearly one tenth
of the Portuguese surveyed for a new poll said they were
gay or bisexual, the weekly newspaper Expresso said
Friday. Asked their sexual orientation, 90.1% of those
asked said they were heterosexual, 7% said their
preference was homosexual, and 2.9% said they were bisexual.
The poll on the sexual habits of the Portuguese
also found that 52.2% of those asked had unsafe sex,
apparently disregarding the risk of AIDS and other
sexually transmitted diseases. The percentage of gays who
acknowledged it socially was 50.8%. Of bisexuals, the
percentage was 14.3. Pollster Eurosondagem interviewed
726 people, 369 women and 357 men, by telephone
between December 13 and December 20. The margin of
error was 3.6%. (AP)
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Will Florida Arrest Clerks for Marrying Gay Couples?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?