Same-sex marriage among top issues in N.H.
January 04 2006 1:00 AM ET
be strictly a union of one man and one woman? That's a
question facing New Hampshire lawmakers when they
Lawmakers will be asked to consider amending the
constitution to state that marriage is a union of one
man and one woman. State law bans same-sex marriages,
but it would be easier to repeal the law than
to rescind a constitutional amendment.
A committee established to study New Hampshire's
marriage laws recommended that same-sex couples be
denied legal status and be allowed only a minimum of
benefits available to straight couples. The panel's
minority accused the majority of putting gays on trial
rather than seriously studying the issues. (AP)
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Op-Ed: Gay Purple Heart Recipient Says 'Mission Not Accomplished'
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Women Are Still Locked in Immigration Detention Cells With Men Just Because They're Trans