Same-sex marriage among top issues in N.H.
January 04 2006 12:00 AM ET
be strictly a union of one man and one woman? That's a
question facing New Hampshire lawmakers when they
Lawmakers will be asked to consider amending the
constitution to state that marriage is a union of one
man and one woman. State law bans same-sex marriages,
but it would be easier to repeal the law than
to rescind a constitutional amendment.
A committee established to study New Hampshire's
marriage laws recommended that same-sex couples be
denied legal status and be allowed only a minimum of
benefits available to straight couples. The panel's
minority accused the majority of putting gays on trial
rather than seriously studying the issues. (AP)
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment