Bush brushes off Brokeback question
January 25 2006 1:00 AM ET
Has George W.
Bush seen Brokeback Mountain?
That's what a student wanted to know during a
question-and-answer session with the president on
Monday at Kansas State University, USA Today reports.
In an uncharacteristic move, Bush took questions for
about an hour before an audience of 9,000.
"You're a rancher. A lot of us here in Kansas
are ranchers. I was just wanted to get your opinion on
Brokeback Mountain, if you've seen it yet.
You would love it. You should check it out," the student
said. The audience erupted in laughter.
Bush replied: "I haven't seen it. I'll be glad
to talk about ranching, but I haven't seen the movie."
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Op-ed: From Closeted Catholic to Gay Hero
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?