Wainwright and Stipe headline antiwar concert, March 20 in NYC
BY Mike Grippi
March 18 2006 12:00 AM ET
Out singers Rufus
Wainwright and Michael Stipe and peace activist Cindy
Sheehan will headline the benefit concert "Bring 'Em Home
Now!" on Monday, March 20, at the Hammerstein Ballroom
in New York City. Fischerspooner, Peaches, Devendra
Banhart, Steve Earle, Bright Eyes, Margaret Cho, and
Chuck D will also perform at the event, which intends
to give voice to the majority of Americans who now support
the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq. The concert
will also kick off a 15-city tour that will take
Sheehan and noted authors around the country to discuss
ending the Iraq conflict. The March 20 show will benefit
Iraq Veterans Against the War and Veterans for Peace.
For tickets and more information visit www.NYAmerica.org.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'