Wainwright and Stipe headline antiwar concert, March 20 in NYC
BY Mike Grippi
March 18 2006 1:00 AM ET
Out singers Rufus
Wainwright and Michael Stipe and peace activist Cindy
Sheehan will headline the benefit concert "Bring 'Em Home
Now!" on Monday, March 20, at the Hammerstein Ballroom
in New York City. Fischerspooner, Peaches, Devendra
Banhart, Steve Earle, Bright Eyes, Margaret Cho, and
Chuck D will also perform at the event, which intends
to give voice to the majority of Americans who now support
the withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq. The concert
will also kick off a 15-city tour that will take
Sheehan and noted authors around the country to discuss
ending the Iraq conflict. The March 20 show will benefit
Iraq Veterans Against the War and Veterans for Peace.
For tickets and more information visit www.NYAmerica.org.
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over
- The Films of the 26th Annual Honolulu Rainbow Film Festival
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- Women's College Returns Transgender Student's Application