John Waters on indie filmmaker panel, May 21 in NYC
May 20 2006 12:00 AM ET
filmmakers Allison Anders, Hal Hartley, David O.
Russell, and John Waters will be featured as part of "Four
Independents That Turned the Tide" on Sunday, May 21, at the
BAM Rose Cinemas, 30 Lafayette Ave. in Brooklyn, N.Y.
After simultaneous screenings of their
films—viewers can choose between Anders's Gas Food
Lodging, Hartley's The Unbelievable Truth,
Russell's Spanking the Monkey, and Waters's
Polyester—the quartet will discuss the
origins, evolution, and future of independent cinema
with moderator Janet Maslin of The New York
Times. The event is presented by the Sundance
Institute and the Brooklyn Academy of Music. For more
information visit www.BAM.org.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Op-ed: Indiana's 'Turn Away Gays' Bill Is a Segregation-Era Throwback
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.