John Waters on indie filmmaker panel, May 21 in NYC
May 20 2006 12:00 AM ET
filmmakers Allison Anders, Hal Hartley, David O.
Russell, and John Waters will be featured as part of "Four
Independents That Turned the Tide" on Sunday, May 21, at the
BAM Rose Cinemas, 30 Lafayette Ave. in Brooklyn, N.Y.
After simultaneous screenings of their
films—viewers can choose between Anders's Gas Food
Lodging, Hartley's The Unbelievable Truth,
Russell's Spanking the Monkey, and Waters's
Polyester—the quartet will discuss the
origins, evolution, and future of independent cinema
with moderator Janet Maslin of The New York
Times. The event is presented by the Sundance
Institute and the Brooklyn Academy of Music. For more
information visit www.BAM.org.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- Idaho Gov. Begs Court to Reverse 'Bad Law' of Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet