Point Foundation Names New Executive Director
July 27 2006 12:00 AM ET
The Point Foundation announced Wednesday in Los Angeles that its new executive director will be Jorge Valencia. He comes to the mentoring and scholarship organization for LGBT students from the Trevor Project, a prominent L.A.–based group that operates a suicide-prevention hotline for gay youths, where he's served as executive director since 2001. "I could not be more thrilled at the selection of Jorge Valencia," Bruce Lindstrom, the foundation's founder and interim executive director, said in a statement. "His expertise in and passion for helping lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth—coupled with his demonstrated ability to manage and grow nonprofit organizations—makes him an ideal leader for the Point Foundation." Valencia was selected after a nationwide search and will assume his position in January. (The Advocate)
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate