Point Foundation Names New Executive Director
July 26 2006 11:00 PM ET
The Point Foundation announced Wednesday in Los Angeles that its new executive director will be Jorge Valencia. He comes to the mentoring and scholarship organization for LGBT students from the Trevor Project, a prominent L.A.–based group that operates a suicide-prevention hotline for gay youths, where he's served as executive director since 2001. "I could not be more thrilled at the selection of Jorge Valencia," Bruce Lindstrom, the foundation's founder and interim executive director, said in a statement. "His expertise in and passion for helping lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender youth—coupled with his demonstrated ability to manage and grow nonprofit organizations—makes him an ideal leader for the Point Foundation." Valencia was selected after a nationwide search and will assume his position in January. (The Advocate)
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: We Wish Every Coming Out Got a Hug-a-Thon Like This
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM
- Business America's Best Places to Work, According to HRC December 09 2013 3:49 PM