Meghan McCain Supports Same-Sex Marriage
March 24 2009 12:00 AM ET
herself from the tried and true, socially conservative views
that have shaped the Republican Party, Meghan McCain told Larry
King on Monday night's show that she supports same-sex
marriage and a woman's right to choose.
"We have a very
big generation gap between me and my father," she said.
"I was raised in an open-minded home. I was raised a
Christian, but I was raised open- minded Christian -- one to
accept people, love people, not pass judgment. And that's
the kind of place I was raised. It's how I lived my life. I
believe in gay marriage. I believe in many things socially. I
personally am pro-life, but I'm not going to judge someone
that's pro-choice. It is not my place to judge other people
and what they do with their body."
- WATCH: Dan Savage on Kentucky Clerk's Religious Double Standards
- 'Old Redneck Hillbilly' Husband of Kim Davis Has a Warning for Nosey People
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- WATCH: Kentucky Same-Sex Couples Discuss Kim Davis's Denial
- Op-ed: The Real Ramifications of the Rentboy Raid
- Why Are We Gay?