Meghan McCain Supports Same-Sex Marriage
March 24 2009 12:00 AM ET
herself from the tried and true, socially conservative views
that have shaped the Republican Party, Meghan McCain told Larry
King on Monday night's show that she supports same-sex
marriage and a woman's right to choose.
"We have a very
big generation gap between me and my father," she said.
"I was raised in an open-minded home. I was raised a
Christian, but I was raised open- minded Christian -- one to
accept people, love people, not pass judgment. And that's
the kind of place I was raised. It's how I lived my life. I
believe in gay marriage. I believe in many things socially. I
personally am pro-life, but I'm not going to judge someone
that's pro-choice. It is not my place to judge other people
and what they do with their body."
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel 10 of Europe's Gayest Beaches 16 min 18 sec ago
- Current Issue The South's Longer Wait for Equality 4:00 AM
- Current Issue Editor's Letter: Why One Couple's Story Should Worry You 4:00 AM
- Current Issue The Small Southwestern Town That Went Rogue 4:00 AM
- Arts & Entertainment Week in Beef: Ben Cohen, Frank Ocean, Hugh Jackman, and More Shirtless Celebs May 19 2013 6:02 PM
- Sports Griner: Baylor Coach Enforced Closet Policy May 19 2013 5:59 PM
- Politicians Gay Activists Interrupt Marco Rubio Speech May 19 2013 2:03 PM