Meghan McCain Supports Same-Sex Marriage
March 24 2009 12:00 AM ET
herself from the tried and true, socially conservative views
that have shaped the Republican Party, Meghan McCain told Larry
King on Monday night's show that she supports same-sex
marriage and a woman's right to choose.
"We have a very
big generation gap between me and my father," she said.
"I was raised in an open-minded home. I was raised a
Christian, but I was raised open- minded Christian -- one to
accept people, love people, not pass judgment. And that's
the kind of place I was raised. It's how I lived my life. I
believe in gay marriage. I believe in many things socially. I
personally am pro-life, but I'm not going to judge someone
that's pro-choice. It is not my place to judge other people
and what they do with their body."
- World Record Bodybuilder Comes Out as Trans
- The 13 Biggest Trolls in Media
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- WATCH: CIA Contractor Details Antigay Harassment by Colleagues in War Zone
- 10 Things People Living With HIV Are Sick of Hearing
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series