Best Companies List: Who Is on Your Side?
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 08 2011 8:00 AM ET
When the House Republicans picked King & Spalding to represent them in a case defending the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act, it was Coca-Cola’s name that figured prominently in reports of the firm’s clients creating a backlash. Talking Points Memo reported that the company intervened, though a spokesman never confirmed except to emphasize Coca-Cola’s support for LGBT rights. King & Spalding eventually backed out of the case.
Best Companies: C
Caesars Entertainment Corp.
Campbell Soup Co.
Capital One Financial Corp.
Cardinal Health Inc.
Carlton Fields PA
Chapman and Cutler LLP
Charles Schwab Corp.
Choate, Hall & Stewart LLP
Choice Hotels International Inc.
Cisco Systems Inc.
Clifford Chance US LLP
The Corning Inc.
Covington & Burling LLP
Credit Suisse USA Inc.
Crowell & Moring LLP
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Chris Christie Lauded at Summit for Vetoing Same-Sex Marriage Bill
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples