Best Companies List: Who Is on Your Side?
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 08 2011 9:00 AM ET
Companies are often faced with the public’s watchful eye. And so the HRC reserves the right to dock companies 25 points for a large-scale public blemish on their records. General Mills was targeted by the Florida Family Association this year, for example, for running ads on ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars. It removed the ads for business reasons but also issued a statement denying it had anything to do with the right-wing group. The Minnesota-based company has also said it will stay out of the upcoming ballot fight over marriage equality.
Best Companies: G
General Mills Inc.
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
Goldman Sachs Group Inc., The
Group Health Cooperative
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Amber Heard: 'I Don’t Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island