Best Companies List: Who Is on Your Side?
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 08 2011 8:00 AM ET
Companies are often faced with the public’s watchful eye. And so the HRC reserves the right to dock companies 25 points for a large-scale public blemish on their records. General Mills was targeted by the Florida Family Association this year, for example, for running ads on ABC Family’s Pretty Little Liars. It removed the ads for business reasons but also issued a statement denying it had anything to do with the right-wing group. The Minnesota-based company has also said it will stay out of the upcoming ballot fight over marriage equality.
Best Companies: G
General Mills Inc.
Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP
Goldman Sachs Group Inc., The
Group Health Cooperative
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- Op-ed: How Gay Genius Alan Turing Got Me Through Middle School
- Robbie Rogers's Memoir Kicks Around Depression, Redemption, And Coming Out
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Op-ed: Why I Quit My Job at the United Nations