Best Companies List: Who Is on Your Side?
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 08 2011 8:00 AM ET
In addition to offering coverage for gender-reassignment surgery, IBM has created a webcast on the topic of gender identity and expression that features transgender workers talking about their experiences and answering questions from other employees. The webcast is available to all IBM employees worldwide, IBM executive Silvy Vluggen tells The Advocate.
Fortune 500 company Johnson & Johnson provides coverage for gender-reassignment surgery as well as mental health counseling. Carol Goodrich, Johnson & Johnson’s director of corporate media relations, says the company’s LGBT affinity group keeps human resources apprised of necessary policy changes and updates. “We’ve got a very strong LGBT community at Johnson & Johnson,” Goodrich says.
Best Companies: I, J
ING North America Insurance Corp.
International Business Machines Corp. (IBM)
Jenner & Block LLP
Johnson & Johnson
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Russia's High Court Declares 'Gay Propaganda' Ban Constitutional
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Entertainment News Gay Men's Chorus of Los Angeles Performs Parody of Joe Boxer Christmas Ad 54 min 1 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Sara Gilbert on the Pressure for People Like Maria Bello to Come Out 1 hour 12 min ago
- Women Ms. Fit: A Lesbian-Friendly, Feminist Fitness Mag for All Women 1 hour 42 min ago
- Women Who Was Broadway Producer and Lesbian Cheryl Crawford? 1 hour 48 min ago
- Transgender How the Pacific Justice Institute Plans to Keep Demonizing Trans Kids 1 hour 59 min ago
- World News Russia's High Court: 'Gay Propaganda' Ban Is Constitutional 2 hours 8 min ago
- Entertainment News GBF's Michael J Willett Stripped Down to Cover of Natasha Bedingfield 2 hours 11 min ago