Best Companies List: Who Is on Your Side?
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 08 2011 8:00 AM ET
In addition to offering coverage for gender-reassignment surgery, IBM has created a webcast on the topic of gender identity and expression that features transgender workers talking about their experiences and answering questions from other employees. The webcast is available to all IBM employees worldwide, IBM executive Silvy Vluggen tells The Advocate.
Fortune 500 company Johnson & Johnson provides coverage for gender-reassignment surgery as well as mental health counseling. Carol Goodrich, Johnson & Johnson’s director of corporate media relations, says the company’s LGBT affinity group keeps human resources apprised of necessary policy changes and updates. “We’ve got a very strong LGBT community at Johnson & Johnson,” Goodrich says.
Best Companies: I, J
ING North America Insurance Corp.
International Business Machines Corp. (IBM)
Jenner & Block LLP
Johnson & Johnson
JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- Commentary Why Is the St Patrick's Day Parade So Important to LGBT Activists? 18 sec ago
- Comedy WATCH: Jeffrey: The Series Episode 7, ‘Velvet Rope’ 2 min 35 sec ago
- Religion Meet the Controversial Spiritual Adviser to Trans People 1 hour 23 min ago
- Women 9 Inspiring Women Backing LGBT Rights Around The World 1 hour 45 min ago
- Marriage Equality Where Can You Get Married in Illinois? 1 hour 54 min ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: Can I Get HIV if I’m a Top? 2 hours 3 min ago
- Media How to Get a Job With Nate Silver 9:25 AM