Four Great Places to Eat in the O.C.
BY Advocate Contributors
February 10 2012 5:00 AM ET
The Ritz-Carlton, Laguna Niguel
27 years old, chef Marissa Gerlach has taken the Ritz’s Raya restaurant into
creative “comfort food” territory, serving an assortment of tacos (like smoked
swordfish with pickled chilies and mango salsa, and pork belly with habanero
coleslaw and kabayaki). Chefs partner with local purveyors and fisherman on
menu selections, and following the farm-to-table trend, the outdoor kitchen
garden just past the pool provides produce and herbs to punctuate the menu.
While the garden is too small to serve the 109-seat restaurant, that lemongrass
in your cocktail was likely grown out back. (www.ritzcarlton.com)
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- #TBT: Greetings, Gents
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Everything You Need to Know So Far About Marriage Equality in Utah